You Are Reading

AFTERCOLLEGE

After college I have two placements lined up. I have a placement lined up at Elmwood, a branding agency, and one at Music, a branding and art direction agency. These placements will take me up to August, and I will try my best to impress both parties in order to potentially gain more time and experience at these places. 

While at the placements I aim to increase my network by talking to people at the agency and seeing if I can find further work or placements from people there. I found it is common within the design industry to find that everyone knows everyone. I hope to exploit this by looking into new placements while I am currently on a placement. This will show the potential employer that I am keen to work, with the added bonus of having a source of references and recommendations at that moment in time. I aim to engage with placements nationwide. I would like to gain a placement in London before the end of the year, and I would like to be back in Leeds for the winter 2014. After this, I will be looking to capitalise on the experiences I have had with a view to getting a job, or further work placements. While this happens I will be conducting freelance work as ‘eye designed this’.

I would like to engage and contact the following studios about potential placements. This is not a definitive list, but this is a starting point of agencies that I feel have a synergy with myself, or are of a certain profile that will help my future career. 

In Leeds: Golden, B&W Studio
In Manchester: Love, The Chase
In London: Pentagram, Someone

I will be aiming for these studios for placements however I have an extensive list of other studios that I will be calling upon when I look to send out my CV in August. Because I have plans until August, I feel that I have a liberty to be more calculated with my proposal and submissions.

I aim to reengage with a range of hobbies in order to provide more enrichment to my personal and professional life. 



Various Industry Jobs board






Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.