You Are Reading

DESIGNSTRATEGY



I feel that in order to have a design strategy I need to be comfortable with the context of my design. I think that this year has definitely been a turning point for me. Through initiating my own briefs I have found where my interests lie, and which briefs enrich my practice and send me in a more positive direction. It is evident that branding and copy is a huge part of my practice, however I am slightly concerned as I do not want this to define me. It just happens that these are two skills that I call upon quite regularly. I feel that as I move into the professional world I will need to keep very focussed in order to develop new skills, and try new things. 

With that in mind, I think it is important for me to have a definitive list of some of the things I would like to do. I think that this should be as much of a general as it should be about graphic design. Having a general bucket list may inform my design in a way that is unforeseen at this moment in time. 

Bucket List
Learn to be efficient at coding HTML & CSS
Learn Javascript and JQuery
Learn to use open-source 3D software Blender
Work in Europe
Be involved with film 
Work for a technology startup
Go to Canada
Become proficient on the bass guitar
Learn to play the double bass
Learn to play the piano
Work for a large design studio
Work for a small design studio
Do freelance design projects
Live in the countryside
Do a motorbike tour around Europe
Do a motorbike tour around America


Things I Like
Art Galleries
Exhibitions
Music
Coding
Brands
Interiors
User Experiences
3D
Installation
Film 
Independence


Things I Don’t Like
Packaging
Print
Type Design
Editorial
Publication Design
Infographics


Ross V.S eye designed this
I am looking to create to websites for myself. I will have a website for me as a person, that will be a port of call to other things, projects, social media, CV that I have. I will be doing this in order to give more of an overview of me as a person rather than a graphic designers website. I will then create a website called 'eye designed this'. This is where I will have my design work. I will look to use 'eye designed this' to get freelance jobs. I wanted to appear more like a small design studio rather than an individual person as I believe there is a better chance of somebody commissioning a design through a design studio, rather than a recent graduate looking for placements. I think that the work I have done on the course is a sufficient standard to be passed off as professional and I look to capitalise on that. For design studios to see my portfolio my rossfranc website will have a link to my Behance, Linked In and outside interests so that the employer can get the full spectrum of my personality and also find my work easily. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.