You Are Reading

PLACEMENTS_ELMWOOD


I was informed that I had won a placement at Elmwood. This marks my first placement offer. I decided that I would start conducting placements immediately after I finish university. I did not want to engage with them while I was on the course as I found it difficult to manage my time between working on the course, at my job, and trying to be a human being. I felt that after I finish the course I would be more focussed and have time to reflect on my time at university in order to keep the two chapters of my life overlapping. 

I like that Elmwood are a branding agency. They have a very high quality to their work, and I am interested in what it is like to work for an agency that deal with big business. The studio is a fantastic space and I would love to do some work there to see how it affects my design process. 

I would be very happy working at Elmwood, and I like the fact that is has a history and basis in Leeds. I am very keen to stay in Leeds so I feel that it is a good start for me to engage with studios around Leeds and become part of the professional design culture here. While I am at the placement, I plan to talk to as many people as possible, and work my hardest, in order to impress the people around me, and perhaps have further talks with the studio, whether it be professional advice, help, or placement extension.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.